Below are just a few of Kansas City’s best places to get outside with your family. Hope to see you out there, and don’t forget to review the list of What to Bring!
Amity Woods Nature Park
Anita B. Gorman Conservation Discovery Center
Cave Spring Park (Also called William M. Klein Park)
Ernie Miller Nature Center
- Address: 22807 SW Woods Chapel Road, Blue Springs, MO 64015
- Note: Take a bag of carrots! The Native Hoofed Animal Enclosure is a fun stop for kids.
Green Hills of Platte Wildlife Preserve
Lakeside Nature Center
Lake Olathe Park
Lone Elm Park
- Address: 21151 W. 167th Street, Olathe, KS 66062
- Note: Unpaved trails through the woods and prairie follow some very unique history on this site.
Maple Woods Nature Preserve
Martha Lafite Thompson Nature Sanctuary
Overland Park Arboretum
- Address: 8909 W 179th St, Bucyrus, KS 66013
- Note: There is usually a small fee to enter the arboretum.
Parkville Nature Sanctuary
The Prairie Center
Prairie Oak Nature Center
Wyandotte County Lake Park
More hiking options can also be found on the wonderful Take a Hike, KC website!